Dutch Oven Breakfast Skillet
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 c. THRIVE Potato Chunks reconstituted with water and salt as per can directions
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 3/4 c. THRIVE Chopped Onions – Freeze Dried
- 3/4 c. THRIVE Red Bell Peppers – Freeze Dried
- 3/4 c. THRIVE Sausage Crumbles – Freeze Dried
- 1/2 c. THRIVE Mixed Bell Peppers
- 1 3/4 c. water
- 1 tbsp. THRIVE Chef’s Choice
- 2 tsp. THRIVE Chives
- 2 tsp. THRIVE Basil
- 1/2 tsp. THRIVE Peppercorn
- 1 1/2 c. THRIVE Scrambled Egg Mix reconstituted with 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 c. THRIVE Cheese Blend
- Prepare briquettes and let smolder to create white hot coals. Set 12 on top of dutch oven to preheat.
- Combine chopped onions, red bell peppers, sausage and mixed peppers with the 1 3/4 cup water and allow to soak to reconstitute.
- Add bacon pieces to preheated dutch oven and cook 2-3 minutes. (reserve fat and use as desired). Add potatoes to bacon with some of the bacon fat and start to brown on all sides.
- Add garlic and onion to potatoes and cook 1-2 more minutes.
- Add all vegetables and sausage to oven and stir to incorporate.
- Carefully pour egg over ingredients and add cheese on top.
- Cover with lid. Add about 16-17 coals on the top of the oven and 9-10 to the bottom to create 350 degrees.
- Cook 20-25 minutes or until eggs have set.
Recipe by Chef Todd