Dutch Oven Breakfast Skillet
- Prepare briquettes and let smolder to create white hot coals. Set 12 on top of dutch oven to preheat.
- Combine chopped onions, red bell peppers, sausage and mixed peppers with the 1 3/4 cup water and allow to soak to reconstitute.
- Add bacon pieces to preheated dutch oven and cook 2-3 minutes. (reserve fat and use as desired). Add potatoes to bacon with some of the bacon fat and start to brown on all sides.
- Add garlic and onion to potatoes and cook 1-2 more minutes.
- Add all vegetables and sausage to oven and stir to incorporate.
- Carefully pour egg over ingredients and add cheese on top.
- Cover with lid. Add about 16-17 coals on the top of the oven and 9-10 to the bottom to create 350 degrees.
- Cook 20-25 minutes or until eggs have set.
Recipe by Chef Todd