Tomato Asparagus Bruchetta
Recently we have been on an asparagus binge, I wonder how I went so many years thinking I hated it! From eggs to a simple side dish this little green veggie is so versatile. I am planning a baby shower for a dear friend of mine and I think that these would be a great addition to the menu of appetizers we are having.
I can only imagine how these would taste with a little mozzarella cheese and warmed in the oven!
Recipe By Chef Todd
- In a small saucepan, reduce 1 cup balsamic vinegar with sugar until syrupy and amount is reduced to ¼ –½ cup. Cool and set aside.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except cheese and stir to incorporate. Cover tightly and let rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Slice baguette into 24 even slices about 1/2″ thick and brown both sides in a skillet with noble amounts of equal portions butter and olive oil.
- Lay browned croutons on baking sheet and sprinkle about ¼ cup cheese over them. Bake at 350F for 4–5 minutes to set the cheese. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Top each crouton with about 1 tbsp. tomato mixture, then drizzle balsamic reduction on top and sprinkle with cheese.