Navajo Tacos Food Storage
Recipe by Chef Todd
- 2 THRIVE Country White Dough Mix To make fry bread (scones)
- 2 c. THRIVE Shredded Cheddar Cheese – Freeze DriedReconstituted to top the tacos
- 1 c. THRIVE Cilantro Cream- see additional recipe
- 2 c. Lettuce, shredded
- 2 c. THRIVE Corn Salsa- see additional recipe
- 1/2 c. THRIVE Navajo Tacos Chili- see additional recipe
- Make the dough according to THRIVE can instructions. Allow mixture to rise by at least double.
- Reconstitute the cheese. Make the corn salsa and cilantro cream, and cut the lettuce. Place all prepped items in the fridge to chill.
- In a deep fry pan, add frying oil (at least 1 1/2 inches deep) and heat to about 300 degrees F.
- When dough is ready, cut into 14-16 pieces, and pull or flatten to thin round pieces. Lay scone dropping away from you into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown.
- To assemble the Navajo tacos, place a scone on a plate. Add 1/2 cup of chili, cheese, corn salsa, lettuce, and a splash of cilantro cream.
Categories: Favorites Main Dish