Thrive Clam Chowder
- In a skillet, brown the bacon and drain grease (or reserve some to add flavor to soup). Set aside.
- In a heavy duty 3 quart saucepan, sweat butter, garlic, and shallots to release flavor.
- Add bacon, onions, celery, carrots, thyme, Old Bay seasoning, and clams with juice and base. Allow to sweat for a minute.
- Add water and bring to a simmer.
- Add potatoes, then whisk in béchamel. Bring to a simmer for 3-4 minutes on low or until thickens.
- Reduce heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Recipe By Chef Todd