Thrive Clam Chowder
- 3 sli. bacon, diced small
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tsp. shallots, minced
- 3 tbsp. THRIVE Chopped Onions – Freeze Dried
- 3 tbsp. THRIVE Celery – Freeze Dried
- 3 tbsp. THRIVE Carrot Dices
- 1/4 tsp. thyme, dry
- 3/4 tsp. Old Bay seafood seasoning
- 1 1/2 c. chopped clams
- 3 c. clam juice
- 1 tsp. clam base
- 3 c. water
- 1 c. THRIVE Potato Dices – Freeze Dried
- 2 c. THRIVE Béchamel (Creamy White Sauce)
- 1/2 c. THRIVE Sour Cream Powder + ¼ c. water
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Cholula hot sauce
- 1 tsp. THRIVE Chives
- 1 tsp. THRIVE Parsley
- In a skillet, brown the bacon and drain grease (or reserve some to add flavor to soup). Set aside.
- In a heavy duty 3 quart saucepan, sweat butter, garlic, and shallots to release flavor.
- Add bacon, onions, celery, carrots, thyme, Old Bay seasoning, and clams with juice and base. Allow to sweat for a minute.
- Add water and bring to a simmer.
- Add potatoes, then whisk in béchamel. Bring to a simmer for 3-4 minutes on low or until thickens.
- Reduce heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Recipe By Chef Todd
Categories: Main Dish Sides Soup
Tags: Bechamel Sauce Carrot Dices Celery Chives Chopped Onions Parsley Potato Dices Sour Cream Powder