THRIVE Life Chicken Stir Fry with Orange Chili Glaze
Not all food storage is created equally. This chicken stir fry recipe contains so many tasty THRIVE foods. It really goes to show that you can make delicious meals with freeze dried foods! Goodbye boring food storage…..hello THRIVE!
- 2 c water
- 1 c thrive seasoned chicken slices (fd)
- 1⁄2 c thrive red bell peppers (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive mushroom pieces (fd)
- 2 T thrive chopped onions (fd)
- 1⁄2 c thrive zucchini (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive celery (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive broccoli (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive green beans (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive green onions (fd)
- 2 1⁄2 c additional water
- 1⁄4 t thrive iodized salt
- 2 1⁄2 c thrive instant rice
- 1 t garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 T sesame oil
- 1⁄4 c sweet thai chili sauce
- 1⁄4 c soy sauce
- 1⁄2 c orange juice
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 2 T ketchup + 1/2 tbsp. orange zest + 1/4 c. thrive honey crystals
Add the 2 cups water to the chicken and vegetables and allow to reconstitute. Bring the 2 ½ cups water and salt to a boil and add rice. Simmer for 2 minutes, turn off heat, and cover. In a wok, sweat garlic and sesame oil together until lightly golden. Add all remaining ingredients for sauce and bring to a simmer. Set sauce aside and reheat wok.
Drain and reserve liquid from vegetable mixture. Add mixture to hot wok and stir fry for a few minutes. Add sauce and remaining liquid and allow to simmer until thick. Serve over rice and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Featured in the September 2013 Thrive It Up broadcast.