Food Storage Italian Bean Salad
- 2 c. THRIVE Kidney Beans
- 2 c. THRIVE Pinto Beans
- 2 c. THRIVE Small White Navy Beans
- 1 c. THRIVE Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – Freeze Dried(reconstituted)
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- 1 c. THRIVE Red Bell Peppers – Freeze Dried
- 1 c. THRIVE Chopped Onions – Freeze Dried
- 1 c. THRIVE Green Beans – Freeze Dried
- 1 c. THRIVE Tomato Dices – Freeze Dried
- 2 c. THRIVE Zucchini – Freeze Dried
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. THRIVE Cane Sugar
- 1 c. Balsamic vinegar
- 1 c. Chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. THRIVE Chef’s Choice
- 1 c. Olive oil
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- Soak each of the beans separately for 4–6 hours or overnight in 4 times their volume in cold water.
- Drain and rinse the beans, place into separate pots, and add some salt. Cook in double their volume in water for 2–3 hours or until tender; some beans may take longer to cook than others.
- Once cooked, rinse with cold water to chill, then drain and place all beans in a large bowl.
- Add the mozzarella and parmesan to the beans.
- Reconstitute the vegetables by combining them in a bowl and just covering them with water. Allow to sit for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetables to the beans without draining.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mustard, sugar, and vinegar. Stir to incorporate some air, then add the basil and season salt. Stir again, slowly adding the olive oil while stirring to create an emulsion.
- Pour the dressing over the beans and stir in. Add the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Chill well before serving.
Recipe by Chef Todd