- Take a few moments to read the Consultant Manual. There is so much information packed into this manual. It will walk you through a brief history of the company, products, parties, commission plans, and online tools. You will receive a copy of the training manual in your consultant kit, or you can view it online here.
- Shelf Reliance has a great FAQ section.
- Plan to listen to the training calls each week. You can access past training calls in your back office under the training tab at the top of your dashboard.
- Watch some of the training videos located under the training tab and also on the THRIVE Life YouTube channel.
- I suggest getting a 3 ring binder with pockets and create a personal notebook where you can store the current price list, current sale fliers, product pages, product details, customer list, current catalog. I also include several sheets of paper in the front so I can take notes and write down ideas. Having all of these items in one binder will give you all the information that you will need for questions that may arise from customers. I keep my binder with me wherever I go. You never know when you might need it.
- Learn the commission schedule.
- Understand the Host Benefits and Double Dip. You can't get a potential host excited about all of the benefits if you don't know them yourself!
- Learn about the benefits of the Q. The Q is a great tool for becoming a successful consultant and it also has many perks for customers as well! Here is a great presentation by Lisa Warnick
- Develop you "Why" Every successful business starts with a dream. The most important question to ask yourself is why you wanted to do this. How will it benefit you. Do you want to make enough money for groceries or a vacation or for extra bills? Knowing your "why" will keep you focused on your goals.
- Pick a goal to reach and focus on that goal. *Book your first party *Earn back your starter kit investment *Enrol a new team member. Whatever your goal, big or small, write it down and visualise it happening. You can't achieve a goal if you don't set one.
- Plan to host your first party within two weeks of receiving your starter kit. While waiting for your kit you can familiarize yourself with the training videos and back office so you will be ready to hit the ground running once your kit arrives.
- Fill out the 40 guests in 4 minutes worksheet.
- Read the Home Parties Presentation Guide and watch the video below from Amber Pearce to see how a typical party dialogue works.
Organize Your Supplies:
- In addition to your personal consultant book make up a few party binders. You can purchase inexpensive report folders at your local office supply or dollar store. Pack each folder with the following: current price list, current sale fliers, customer order form, THRIVE shopping list, Q Brochure, product pages, THRIVE Express flier, Smart Start flier, opportunity brochure.
- Print out business cards. I have business cards and postcards/brochures. I find that postcards and brochures are less likely to be lost and I can put a lot of information and pictures on them. Vistaprint.com has great prices and you can also order supplies from the ShelfRelianceMall.com
- Get any supplies that you will need for your parties. Pens, clip boards, folders etc.
Shelf Reliance is such a fun company to work with and they offer so many great products its hard not to get excited. Here are a few tips to get the word out and start building your business and your team!
- Share Shelf Reliance with EVERYONE! Tell your banker, postman, hair dresser, dentist, even your delivery person.
- Don't be nervous to share our products. You will be surprised at how many people have been looking into food storage for one reason or another. And the worst that can happen is they say that they aren't interested.
- Use THRIVE in your everyday cooking so that you are familiar with the products.
- When attending a cookout or party you are taking a dish to, make sure you use THRIVE ingredients. You can turn any event into a "mini party"!
- Always have a card or flier in your car, purse, gym bag, office.
- Keep a pouch or pantry can with you. When telling someone about the products it is best to have a sample handy. The food speaks for itself and will open the door for more inquires. I usually keep a pouch or can of our Sweet Corn or Fuji Apples handy for impromptu meetings.
- Share stories or recipes of how you enjoy THRIVE in your daily life.
- Book an expo. These are great ways to share Shelf Reliance with a large number of people. Church Bazaars, Local Fairs, Women's Expos, Preparedness Expos, Gun Shows etc...
- Follow up! Everyone is busy these days so following up is key to booking parties, getting sales and new team members.
If you are not currently a Shelf Reliance consultant we would love to have you join our team!