They say a normal active person needs about 2 quarts per day and we cant forget about or pets! That means that the typical few bottled waters people usually have around the hose wouldn't last more than a day. Here are a few tips about storing water and some products that will help.
- Only store water in a food grade water container.
- Label as "drinking water" with a date
- Store water in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight
- Do not store water near gasoline, chemicals or pesticides
- Treat your water with a water treatment
- As with food storage you need to rotate your water storage as well for treated water it will stay consumable for 5 years. Other smaller containers of tap water should be rotated every year.
Shelf Reliance has a great water kit on sale now for $98.99
- Made from high-density polyethylene (food grade/ BPA Free)
- Comes in blue color to restrict light, which helps to control the growth of bacteria and algae
- Weight when full is approximately 480 lbs.
Includes the following:
- 55 Gallon Water Container (BPA free)
- Water Siphon (6’ long, 1/2” wide)
- Bung Wrench
- Water Treatment Solution
- Detailed instructions